Monday, December 15, 2014

December 15, 2014

Monday we had to take elder Johnson in to the psychologist in Kingston, so that smoked the day, but we got to do a split in Boulevard. I had an opportunity to do some contacting with Elder Guerrerio again, it was sweet to practice some skills I have been learning from Elder Henderson bout really seeking out people’s desires and asking inspired questions before we jump on the gospel topic. It really helps with loving them. We have been handing out the christmas "he is the gift” cards and that has been a great tool no doubt. We used it again in the morning, as we got to do splits again with the other elders in Boulevard and got to hand out quite a few. It’s exciting to go to new areas and just contact. I think I would have loved tracting... haha, but I dont know. Tuesday evening we had Missionary Leadership Council with Elder Martinez and his dear wife from the seventy. It was great, learned quite a bit. forgot my note book, so not much to talk bout it. After at 6:30 we picked up a washer, drove to Saint Ann’s Bay to pick up the Port Antonio elders to stay with us that night cuz we had the Christmas party in the morning.We got home at like 11... slept, woke up at 5, wrote two talks and made breakfast and headed to the church to set up for zone conference/ christmas party. The meeting part was really good, talked more about finding and boosting our faith, finding the elect and visions and goals. Great meeting. Party was good, thanks for all the gifts. I had an interview with Elder Martinez after.
Thursday we got to spend some time in our area! We had a trade off, Elder Henderson stayed with Elder Johnson as he had to stay inside and rest all week and I took Elder Howard. We had a perfect day, no appointments fell through, not one! Haha. We used the “He is the gift” video and talked about Christ with our less actives, what a powerful spirit it brought! Each time was just sweet, which I probably needed, always can use an increased testimony of the atonement and keep it in mind more, should be always! We met with Natanya and had to read with her but she was at least excited to meet which is a good start. 
Friday was probably one of the more highlighting days! Not too successful in the morning, but the evening was good, as we also had the branch Christmas party.  But I forgot to tell you earlier in the week, I think Wednesday, we prayed for guidance as we contacted and drove to an area. We get out of the car and not even 10 secs out a lady 3 stories up calls out to us and asks us to come up. Whoa. So we run up there, and set up an appointment for Friday. Anyways, she is Pentecostal and brought one of her long time member friends and the first thing they said was teach us all you do today using the bible okay?! Haha, okay.. we wanted to use our tool that has been given to us, and didn’t really want to bible bash, but as Pres Brown has said. " don’t bash, but if you do, win." It was sweet! We were lead to scripture after scripture backing up especially the nature of God, prophets, apostasy, gifts of tongues, authority, and so on. It was so cool, cuz it was light and spiritual. They actually wanted to learn, and we had things brought to our memory.  And it was even cool that I had a hard core stupor of thought as I wanted to share one more apostasy example from Timothy, but no matter how many times I flipped through it, I couldn’t find it. It had to be a good thing, cuz I just wanted to prove that 7th day Pentecostal was not the way to roll. Haha. But we are seeing them next week.  Saturday was lots of contacting again, and pondering on the zone, and that’s when I learned we just got to do all that’s in our power, cuz it was stressin me out! Just big up and love, and as we feel loved and trusted, that’s when we will work harder and not be discouraged. And even though numbers are low, they will eventually clear up, instead of discouraging and getting down about it all. I guess I have just learned to do all we can, serve with all we got, but don't let the little things that are out of our control bug, frustrate, or discourage us! We big up, inspire, bless, and serve all we can and leave the rest to the Lord, cuz it truly is His work.  I am excited, but I just want to finish strong.
Sunday we had another trade off. But it’s good to just be here in Mo Bay today and chill out a bit. We are going to Port Antonio for a trade off tonight. But thanks for listening to my rambling, I know I need to start working on making my emails more spiritual instead of just a day to day check list, but we will talk soon! Love ya!

Elder WIlkerson

Note from an excited Mom:  We got Sterling's travel info this week!  He will fly home on Feb. 26!! Since that next Sunday is fast Sunday, I'm assuming that he will speak on March 8.  We will be switching to the 1:00 schedule so Sacrament meeting will begin at 2:50.  

No comments:

Post a Comment