Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014

Well, what can I say about this week? What not to say.. it’s been incredible! yes monday was scary with how much money we blew before even getting into april but it was necessary..We did some service at President Singhs on Tuesday. We used a one handed wheel barrow to move about 50 loads of chalk stone, and gravel into his yard. We are told to seek teaching opportunities out of service. Pres. Singhs has been slow, but as we received Dennis to work with, we were able to soften his heart with all the work being done there! He loved church but is a slow reader. We had a great first lesson with him. Very excited to help him understand! It really made me think why I want to help some people more than others. Yes, their attitude affects it and I think it starts to ruin mine. This week I really focused on seeing people how they can become with this knowledge as we teach it in such a way that they can’t deny it. That takes some power spirit! On Wednesday, I was asked to speak on power and authority of our calling! I found some sweet scriptures on the subject. Moses chapter 6 was a first favorite, verses 34 and 39 I believe talked bout Walking With God! That’s when the power came. That’s when people listened. So here is the soul question. How often do we walk With God? A couple times a day, several times, or do we strive to REMEMBER him always! Do we serve as D&C says in section 4, with heart, might, mind, and  strength?  Whoa. I have work to do personally. I could walk with God more. I could pray more, search answers for me or the investigators more. Many great things did I learn in preparation for that talk, but one of the other scriptures that stuck out was Helaman 5:17-19. The wording is so perfect! Oh, prophets are so sweet!! :) The words: might, should, Did stuck out. I’ll let you think about that! :) Pretty cool, revelation through scriptures really has all the answers!! We also learned about repentance. Boy have I not been teaching too well.. wish I could start the mish over! I have learned so much, but still know oh so little.. it was a great meeting and caused great reflecting. 
After, we had a trade off. Elder Jackson with Elder Carter and Elder Harris and I went to boulevard area! I learned so much from the guy. We love to mess around but when it’s the Lord’s time.. there is no stopping! We saw a family and just had a how to begin teaching with. It strengthened my testimony so much! So thankful for ancestors including parents and grandparents who stayed strong in the gospel so I didn’t have to grow up confused! These people know a lot!! But they are confused!! And hence know nothing at all.  It’s sad but strengthened my testimony in the church even though it is growing slowly in Jamaica. God has the reason tucked away, but we have the knowledge people are searching for! We have answers to prayers, deep soul questions and we are so blessed for that!! It was a powerful trade off and a good kickstart to the rest of my week! 
Oh, by the way, rain has been POURING!! We are back in hurricane season and mosquitoes are replenishing. Thursday was a mess due to it, but rewind real quick. Wednesday night we were prompted to walk and it lead to many tender mercies of the Lord showing us His hand in His Work! Shantel came and asked us for a Book of Mormon. She asked if we could set up an appointment for Thursday due to the fact she wanted to learn more about faith and repentance that she thought she was lacking in her life. That doesn’t happen every day. We did everything we could to see her that day. We finally were able to. Her life is a mess, but instead of cursing God she is turning to him all that she can. She read several chapters before we showed up. Yes, she is prepared, but that won’t mean it will be easy. Satan is aware. but we are going to work harder. FHE at the Bent’s we learned about GRACE! What a big, small word that is!! Friday morning Elder Lacey joined us as he is waiting for his work permit in the Bahamas to go through! It has been great to have a former house mate, and zone leader as a companion. I truly am being turned. I have been doing missionary things but lackest some things yet, maybe heart and mind. Anyways,

Georgia is doing great still preparing for the 19th
Natasha preparing for 19th
lost contact with Kimone this week.. and working with several others, but good things are happening. With more effort the lord will know we are ready for more people to help! 
General Conference was soooo amazing though right! So many things to learn and work on! I loved how it was centered a lot on the gospel and personal accountability or responsibility! Jeffrey R Holland! Still my favorite speaker. Blunt, bold, brief and brilliant!! Really enjoyed Priesthood session and David A Bednar’s as well! The last session I fell asleep in, but I made it through the talks just fell asleep in the singing and prayer. Really inspiring session though! Answered several of my questions and shared many scriptures I have been thinking about as I’m sure it did for you guys as well! We have such great leaders and teachers in the church! During the break we had 2 meal appointments on Sunday with Sister Mac and President Bonillas! Saturday we had interviews with President Brown! I love that man. Answers my questions and helps me understand my potential! Said I need to step it up, and as we heard the winds are going to blow harder so dig deeper, teach better, and love more! So much to do, so many choices, but we know what we might do, should do.. but what did, (or will) we do!! Helaman 5:17-19. Love you all and hope to hear your thoughts on conference and be uplifted through your thoughts and feelings as well! Build that foundation in Christ! Respect! :)

Elder Wilkerson

No comments:

Post a Comment