Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014

This week was superb I must say!! We got quite a lot of good things done! With the tender mercy of the Lord and us trying to do things the way He has directed us the work has picked up! Working together with the members is the ONLY way the work of salvation will move forward! I can definitely testify of that due to this past week! We try to have a member at every lesson possible! It’s a bit harder for us biking folks cuz we can’t just throw a member present in the car. Many times this week we walked with members sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes an hour. But the testimony, support, and friendship that was present at the lesson cannot be replaced by missionaries alone! Slow in words of numbers, but many more progressing.  We had 3 investigators at church and all are progressing and working towards baptism! 4 more have committed to church next week along with some potential Priesthood! I wouldn't say the work is getting easier.. but it’s getting better as we do it the Lords way. That's the way it has and will forever be. We are happiest when we are keeping the commandments and doing all that we can to serve, help, lift, support and encourage all around us to do better than we have the day before.  We have had a few set backs, but hopefully they are temporary and as we continue to build trust in all around us, things will work out! Along with building trust found another cool quote. "If you were accused of being a Mormon, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"
I really don't have a lot to report on this week. It has been busy I would say the greatest tender mercy of the week was receiving a referral from Spanish town. 2 Priesthood potentials in our area. They are smart, age 19, and willing to learn, but the problem is they are way open minded, hopefully not too open minded cuz their brain just might fall out!! But met with them last night! I’m just really excited for the way the work is going! Much opportunity is out there, it is just disguised as hard work! I feel as if I have slowed down a bit and it being my half way point Thursday I really hope we can pick it back up and work some miracles through the Lord! I thank the lord for the things that have been accomplished this far in the mission and in my life personally. I thank you for all of your prayers that give me the strength to continue. "The past is behind; learn from it. The future is ahead; prepare for it. The present is here; live in it."—Thomas S. Monson love you all have a great week!
Elder Wilkerson
Know Christ, no fear. No Christ, know fear

 
bag juice

bacon cooker

Bike light - birthday package finally arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment